- 18-Jun-2014 to 08-Jul-2014 (CST)
- IL, USA
- Part Time
Excellent part-time benefits! SIU Credit Union is a strong and growing credit union doing business in Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Perry, Marion, Randolph, Saline, Massac, Union and Williamson counties in Illinois. We currently have a part time opening for a Teller. If you have the ability to provide a high level of customer service to our internal and external members, we would like to hear from you.
BANK TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Tellers perform a wide variety of duties relating to processing member transactions including but not limited to; cashing checks, performing account withdrawals, account transfers, making deposits, issuing money orders, cashiers checks and gift or travel cards, wire transfers, and minor account maintenance. Daily service to members and or business members, while delivering superior customer service and maintaining accuracy. The value of the Teller position allows for in-person, personalized service and provides opportunities to conduct needs-based sales using referrals for other Credit Union products and services that support various goals.
BANK TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing all member transactions.
- Processing mail and drop transactions.
- Accurately maintaining a cash drawer within set policy limits.
- Complete and accurate balancing of cash drawer daily.
- Promoting Credit Union financial services and educating members about features and benefits of those services. Cross selling products and services that benefit individual member's financial lives while achieving established goals.
- Other duties as needed; including but not limited to, documenting member contacts and services performed, maintaining confidentiality, researching problems for possible resolution, remaining informed and in compliance with security procedures and applicable regulations, attending and participating in meetings and other duties as directed by management.
BANK TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma and Bondability required
- Six months recent cash handling/ cashier experience and retail sales required
- Excellent math skills and good analytical skills
- Good eye for detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members, staff and management
- Typing and keyboard skills with knowledge of Windows based programs.
- Financial institution background and lending knowledge helpful but not required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!